Baseline Report in Republic of Moldova
The landscape of social entrepreneurship in Moldova has been documented in the Baseline Report in Republic of Moldova, 2020 edition, carried out within the “EU4Youth - Unlocking the potential of young social entrepreneurs in Moldova and Ukraine”. The conclusions pf the report state that social entrepreneurship in Moldova is in its early stages of development and cannot grow without a series of constant efforts and sustained by all actors involved. In addition to the legislative framework, it is necessary to initiate concrete measures to create a development-friendly ecosystem: access to various financing instruments and markets, business support structures, human resources development and research, differentiated fiscal and non-fiscal facilities by types of social enterprises etc. Main findings: *the catalogue of social enterprises in Republic of Moldova counts 48 entities; 18 enterprises (37%) have legal form Limited Liability Company, other 31 (63%) are non-commercial organizations; *50% of social enterprises are active, 21% are start-ups and 29% are in stagnation phase; * approximately 54% of social enterprises arelocated in Chisinau, capital of Moldova, the other 46% of them are spread in localities in the North and Central parts of Moldova; the most explored field by social enterprises is agriculture.
Regulatory analysis: social entrepreneurship in the Republic of Moldova: findings and recommendationsDownload
Analysis report - Regulatory framework on social entrepreneurship in the Republic of Moldova: Findings and recommendations (RO)Download